Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dear God,


To knock the hunger pangs off my starving curiosity, I've decided to compile a list of questions I have for God so that when the time comes, I'll be sure not to forget to ask him anything. And, who knows, maybe He'll answer sooner!

Dear God,

I realize you've used me as some sort of heavenly entertainment. Why else would you have me born into a "city" family and then marry a "farm" man? Thankfully, and sometimes regrettably, I rarely, if ever, voice the phrase "I'm bored." Chasing scattered cows, feeding messy chickens and burning my fingers canning tomatoes....what can I say, God? You have got to have a sense of humor! Please tell me my theory is correct, because in some ways it makes my "crises" feel a lot more manageable if you're up there watching and laughing.

Another mind-boggling dilemma I've got is this: Is there any typos in the Bible? Here's my theory. I think NO. My reason is that you realize that when people see mistakes it really diminishes the validity of things. I have a feeling that if/when a human was making a typo/grammatical error of any kind when transferring information, you decided to use the divine intervention card and step in. Am I close at all?

On a more serious note, I've often wondered why you have blessed me with four kids. You know that we never really planned for family and there are many Godly lovely couples out there that just aren't or can't have any. Why?

As you also know, I've got a lot of growing up to do. I believe, (and tell me if I'm wrong), my kids are your physical tools you use to mold me into the person/mom you want me to be. I resist most of the time, but I can't see any other logical reason for all the messes, arguments, work, urgent care visits, etc., besides training me to have patience, endurance and most importantly, faith.

A simple prayer request: I would love for endless energy. Or, just a button I could push and my energy would inflate/deflate like a balloon when I'm ready ... no pressure, it's just a suggestion.

This is a good start for now. I'm sure I'll have more, but probably/hopefully I'll have more time to add to it before the big day.

Thanks for listening God,

Ginia

No comments:

Post a Comment